From the 13th Century until 1918 Halford Parish was part of the Diocese of Worcester but since then it has been in the Coventry Diocese.

Between 1932 and 1974 the Parish was united with the neighbouring Newbold-on-Stour. Since then Halford has been an independent Parish and for some years shared its Priest in charge with Alderminster just up the road on the way to Stratford-upon-Avon. This was before the formation of the ‘Stourdene’ group of five Parishes in 1997, which brought Ettington, The Pillertons, and Butlers’ Marston into the same group as Alderminster and Halford.

Throughout the centuries, as today, the local community assists the Churchwardens and the Parochial Church Council in the upkeep of the building and the churchyard including the regular tasks of cleaning, arranging floral decorations, the grass mowing and the laundering of altar linen.

The Church which is dedicated to Mary, the Mother of Jesus is well worth a visit with the South Chapel dedicated to St Thomas of Canterbury , Thomas a’ Becket. There is a 14th Century Font with a 16th Century wooden cover, and the East window is of stained glass.

Antique Fire hooks are displayed round the font remembering time when thatched roofs in the village may have had to be torn off in a fire to stop it spreading.

All in all this Church is a delight to see with its displays of flowers placed by villagers for the Services.

Come in and see it.

All enquiries should go to Mark Arthur Church Warden on Tel: 01789 740510

or e-mail jmarthur53@gmail.com

Benefice Administration Jane Evans e mail admin@stourdene.org

Website: http://www.stourdene.com